The best answer
Okay, I'll try individually respond to your points:
- Had only cat, then a dog. Ging prima, abre was still a puppy when he came to us. It is important that both animals have their own kingdom, that is separate wells, sleeps etc. That you have but strong control in the beginning, otherwise there is stress :)
- An adult dog needs usually three times a day his lap. Of one hour outlet should be in there. At least! Second, consider a puppy you have no less than ten times and get out until he is housebroken and fit in these things.
- Shelter dogs can not really generalize, there are also puppies there. But, usually there are dogs who've been to a family that may have had bad experiences, not with cats or children can, etc. So enjoy with caution and learn about the animal.
- Vaccinations are always dependent on various factors. Generally, it must at the beginning first be vaccinated, then, depending on the two deimal time maybe a year. And do not forget that your dog regular worming and checkups need the vet -> cost!
- Clear you can you take care of the dog, but your parents will then have to take on veterinary courses and Co.. In addition, they should keep an eye on the care.
- Dogs are time-consuming and costly. Remember that these animals need Erzihung, possibly a puppy / dog school. A second dog may be sick, even as a puppy. Seriously ill with exorbitant vet bills and zeititensiven treatments. Remember that please beforehand.
- Best is Barfen - say the dog gets meat vegetables etc. fresh. Personally, I have half fresh and half fed Royal Canin. Wet and dry. My Little was proud 13 years, for his race which was great.
- Four hours are fine if it then remains. (Next school year, etc?). A puppy can not immediately be alone long course.
Hope this helps you a bit :)
• Do you have experience with the socialization cat / dog? Cat was there first;) On the Internet I found nothing.
Yes, have two cats and two dogs, have repeatedly made a socialization in life even with 2 old cats (who knew a dog) and even dog. It takes a lot of time and patience. Cat needs a retreat where the dog never get there and Hundi Never chase cat.
It may take up to accept each week. Some love each other, some only accept themselves - but that is mainly due to the cat.
You should you set either a puppy or a dog that knows and likes cats.
• How often do you have to get the dog? Three times a day, morning short, noon and evening one hour each?
It depends on the dog. There are dogs that do not need much, and others. However, at least 2-3 hours a day divided out in 3 times - but that is at least. But there are dogs that had auspowern properly and then we speak the same 4-5 hours.
In puppies it is different - the need to get out at the beginning of every 2 hours - though often but briefly.
• I borrowed books from the library. And stand in all that shelter dogs are generally for "beginners" nothing. But I think that one can generalize nich. Or is it?
Depends on the dog. There are super great and simple dogs sitting in the shelter, and there are those with trauma. Go to the shelter, they look at it and talk to the people there. The have a clue u know which dog is suitable as a beginner dog.
If you want an adult dog, the shelter is the best place you can get to know the dogs, sometimes running with them, etc.
• how often you have to mi to vaccinate the dog in?
Theoretically or practically? goes Wenn's after purse veterinarian, once a year all. But that only hurts. If Hundi is primed, must be allowed except rabies vaccinated nothing. Rabies can be passed as 3Jahres vaccination and must be only when visiting eg dog school, going abroad etc.
• my brother and I wish the dog most. He is 16 and I 13, almost 14. Of course, we can not assume sole responsibility that naturally have the parents (they would), but we would take care of him the most. Does it work?
Yes, if you do it right, that is of course.
• What to consider? If you have any tips, out with it! :)
I would you recommend a really great and important book: dogs would live longer if .... Dr. Jutta Ziegler. As it comes to vaccination, fodder and the complete health of the dog.
• What food? Can you give me very clear examples? In books such general said what.
So Barfen raw feeding. Prepared food has a lot of trash, flavors, flavor enhancers, etc. in it. The book "Cats would buy mice" is about the finished feed for cats and dogs. If you read this, you will never again give your dog finished feed. What's Barfen, can read under barfers.de example.
• He would be alone for about 4 hours per day. Is that ok for an adult dog who is accustomed to the Alone Stay?
If an adult dog has learned that going well. But if you take on a dog, then it is not the same. He must settle once, gain confidence and then you can slowly begin to leave him so short time alone and then extend. Depending on the dog, the first 3-4 weeks not.
You worry that too simple First a dog from the animal Hein as first dog is not for you to geiegnet this may have experienced bad and therefore need experienced Hundebesitzer.Außerdem you'll soon more interese other dingen than ausßerdem to take care of the dog wan should the your brother look after the dog either he goes for example on Abi, studying or in training and will also ausziehen.Auch ages a dog for example, much faster a year are 7 dog years. Also kanst the dog drausen not blank running around and must rid his business. .Also Should a dog have a garden to be phased out and not necessarily gehaten in an apartment and it may be that your parents may hold no dog is a dog, according Mietvertrag..Auch expensive not only because of the feed but also because of the taxes, vaccinations will etc.Also not every dog with a cat carrying. In Endefekt it would be so that your parents muesten be komplet care of the dog in a couple years.
- No, with the socialization I have no experience, sorry
- 3 times a day, at least 1.5 hours + Scent Work and Training Head
- Shelter dogs are usually even more suitable for beginners, since one here has the advantage that it can be a bit educated. One does not have to take the problematisiertesten dog at the shelter
- After primary immunization, only every 3-7 years, depending on the drug. Everything else is too much, annual seeding may even cause damage. We do not vaccinate more because the Grundimmunisiserung usually already holds a lifetime and we can not go abroad.
- Can work if the dog has enough company. More than 4 hours, it should not have to stay alone. If your parents so full-time are working, then you should definitely get a sitter or look elsewhere, that he does not have to be alone.
- One (or more) visit to the dog school are often useful. It is important that we find a non-violent dog school that supports in education.
- Regarding feed, I would put to you the Barfen his heart. Since there is a great brochure Swanie Simon. Dry food is a no-go, because it weighed heavily on water resources and the kidneys. Then, when high-quality wet food (at least 60% meat, no grain Barfen very important or even directly with raw meat)
- 4 hours are okay, but which nevertheless should not be a day because it can be very stressful for a pack animal. But it would go.
Here is my experience:
get used.) cat and dog together is not very difficult, especially in young dogs, the younger the better. Whether the cat then like the dog is another thing, you can not force even animals like yourself.
.) How often do you get out have mainly depends on the breed and what the dog was used previously. With our dogs we had only one time to go out every day, but are more often if it could be set up.
.) Shelter dog can be difficult. The older they are, the less capable of learning they are and if they have habits or fears, it is difficult to wean them especially for beginners this.
.) Inoculating a, once or twice a year, depending on while the dog is already vaccinated and where and how it is maintained. Information in this regard can be requested from the vet (just call).
.) If all family members are in agreement, works the division of responsibilities. but think of the future! Now that you're almost 14, how long will you still live with your parents? 4-6 years? If you find a training in which you can live at home, maybe 10? And then? A dog can live 15-20 years and more. Who cares about the dog when you are your siblings un undressed?
.) We have our dogs given mainly dry food, occasionally cooked meat and canned food of different brands. They were always very healthy and fit until they died. The older they become, the more we have the dry food replaced by softer food.
.) If the dog is accustomed to the aloneness is not a problem. Even longer than 4 hours a day from a holding accustomed dog that just all depends on how he was raised.
So I can answer a couple questions: At that time we also had a hangover and then have gained us a pretty young dog. (A street dog). The two got along well, my dog always wanted to play WHILE the cat more but was not annoyed the two became aggressive! But you can of course not be transmitted to all dogs!
The length of Spatzierens is always different. Of course, a husky must go much longer than a dachshund!
But I would think twice about the whole me. The dog we heard a brother who is already moved so that it only sometimes on weekends there! Earlier also but I wanted very very strong dog now I'm honestly glad that we because I have no desire to go do not walk. And of course you also have to keep in mind: What's with the dog when you are on holiday? Do you really want to get up early if you have to in the cold with your dog? That makes maybe two weeks of fun but then .... Well, überlegs you good. ;)
we can not assume sole responsibility that naturally have the parents (they would)
Have you even thought about the costs that parents are willing and able to bear the costs in a position?
Dogs are very expensive! Insurance, dog tax, food, kennel (holiday period), accessories, vet (can sometimes cost up to 2000 EUR, z. B. OP in an accident or illness of the dog), dog school, etc ...
It costs a lot of money to keep a dog. A dog lives 10-18 years and one must be able, a dog, a dog's life, to be able to meet every day.
For this makes dog ownership work and takes time! A dog must repeatedly daily in great depth. And gassi out, whether it storms or snows!
In addition, your interests, obligations and friends in the next few years will change, so you will have no interest, no time and no desire for the dog!
If he is used to it four hours should be no problem
to 1. Yes I made experiences. It took a long time until the cat has accepted And.
- 2 hours are not enough
- No you can not. It depends on the dog.
- comes to the vaccine depends. Rabies is every 3 years
- Nope, you do not have time. You're in school. One can just leave whether puppy or adult from the shelter hours alone a dog.
- Read books, get yourself a dog school
- I barf my dogs. Say raw meat. When finished feed please quality without Gedreite and as much meat.
- go 4 hours, but you do eventually an education and then?